Mom's Delicious Oyster Corn Bread Dressing
1 peeled and cubed sweet potato
2 (8-ounce) packages dry corn bread mix
1 (16-ounce) package ground spicy pork sausage
3 tablespoons butter
1 stalk chopped celery
1 bunch chopped green onion
1 chopped large onion
1/4 bunch chopped fresh parsley
2 (8-ounce) cans oysters liquid reserved
1. Place sweet potato in a medium saucepan with enough water to cover. Bring to a boil, and cook 15 minutes, or until tender. Drain, mash and set aside.
2. Prepare dry corn bread mix according to package directions. Crumble, and set aside.
3. Place sausage in a large, deep skillet. Cook over medium high heat until evenly brown. Drain and set aside.
4. Melt butter in the skillet over medium heat, and stir in celery, green onions, onion, and parsley. Cook and stir until tender, about 10 minutes.
5. Return cooked sausage to skillet, and mix in oysters and their reserved liquid. Allow oysters to cook about 5 minutes before stirring in crumbled cornbread and mashed sweet potato.