Sunday, February 24, 2013
Banana Caramel Spice Pie
1 ripe large banana
1 (6-ounce) size Keebler Ready Pie Crust Shortbread Pie Crust
2 cups cold milk
(4-serving) package JELL-O white chocolate or vanilla flavor instant pudding
1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
(8-ounce) tub thawed Cool Whip whipped topping
Caramel dessert topping
Place banana slices in bottom of crust.
Pour milk into large bowl. Add pudding mixes and cinnamon. Beat with wire whisk 1 minute. Gently stir in whipped topping. Spoon into crust.
Refrigerate 4 hours until set. Serve with caramel topping.
1 cup dry white wine
1/2 pound shredded Swiss cheese
1/2 pound shredded gruyére cheese
2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
1 (1-pound) loaf French bread cut into 1 inch cubes
1. Simmer wine in fondue pot. Add Swiss cheese, Gruyere cheese, 1/4 pound at a time. Stir after each addition of cheese until melted. Stir in flour. When all the cheese has melted, stir in salt and nutmeg. Serve with cut-up French bread.
Tuesday, February 19, 2013
1 jar Vodka pasta sauce
1 pound extra small peeled shrimp
2 large chicken breasts cubed
2 hand fulls fresh baby spinach leaves
6 small sweet peppers sliced
1 cup mushrooms sliced
1 (16-ounce) can diced tomatoes drained
2 tablespoons vegetable oil
1 tablespoon Old Bay
1 teaspoon Pampered Chef Himalayan Salt
1 box angel hair pasta
1. Saute shrimp, chicken, spinach, peppers, mushrooms and tomatoes in vegetable oil in Pampered Chef (10-inch) Skillet seasoned with Old Bay and Pampered Chef Himalayan Salt.
2. Add Vodka sauce into meat and vegetable mixture. Heat until warm.
3. Serve over Angel Hair Pasta.
Saturday, February 9, 2013
Bacon and Double Cheese Quiche
1 1/3 cups all-purpose flour (CRUST)
1/8 teaspoon salt (CRUST)
1/2 cup (1 stick) chilled butter cut into small pieces (CRUST)
2-3 tablespoons cold water (CRUST)
10 strips lean bacon (FILLING)
4 large eggs (FILLING)
1 1/2 cups light cream (FILLING)
1/4 teaspoon dried thyme (FILLING)
1/8 teaspoon white pepper (FILLING)
1/2 cup shredded gruyére cheese (about 2 ounces) (FILLING)
1/2 cup shredded white cheddar cheese (about 2 ounces) (FILLING)
1. To prepare the crust, in a large bowl, mix together the flour and salt. Use a pastry blender or 2 knives, cut in the butter until coarse crumbs form.
2. Add water, 1 tablespoon at a time, tossing with a fork, until a dough forms. Shape into a disk, wrap in plastic wrap, and chill in refrigerator for 30 minutes.
3. Preheat oven to 375 degrees F. On a lightly floured surface, using a lightly floured rolling pin, roll the dough into 11-inch circle. Fit into 9-inch pie pan. Trim edge leaving 1/4-inch overhang. Fold under to form standup edge. Prick dough with a fork. Line with foil and fill with pie weights or dried beans.
4. Bake for 10 minutes. Remove the foil and weights. Bake until lightly golden, about 5 minutes. Transfer to a wire rack to cool.
5. Meanwhile, prepare filling. In a medium skillet, cook the bacon over medium heat until crisp, 9 to 10 minutes. Transfer to paper towel to drain.
6. In a small bowl, whisk together eggs, cream, thyme, and pepper. Pour into crust. Crumble bacon. Sprinkle the egg mixture with bacon, gruyere cheese, and cheddar cheese. Bake until golden brown and custard is set, about 30 minutes. Serve warm.