Wednesday, January 30, 2013
Bar-B-Cue Wing Dings
3 pounds chicken wing flings
1 cup ketchup
2 tablespoons hot sauce
1 teaspoon seasoned salt
1/4 teaspoon black pepper
1/4 cup vinegar
1/4 pound butter
2 tablespoons sugar
Wash chicken, pat dry, coat with seasoned salt and pepper. Place in baking dish, cook at 350 degrees F for 45 minutes. Mix all other ingredients in mixing bowl and let stand 45 minutes while chicken cooks. When chicken has cooked for 45 minutes, turn chicken, pour on sauce. Increase oven temperature to 400 degrees F and cook for an additional 15 minutes to slightly brown.
Sunday, January 27, 2013
1/2 cup vegetable oil
1 cup white sugar
3 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
1 tablespoon baking powder
2 teaspoons almond extract
1 cup mini chocolate chips optional
1 cup toasted, slivered almonds optional
Preheated oven to 375 degrees F. Grease cookie sheets or line with parchment paper.
In medium bowl, beat together eggs, oil, sugar and almond extract. If desired, add chocolate chips and almonds.
In a separate bowl, combine the flour, baking powder and salt. Stir into the egg mixture to form heavy dough. Divide the dough into two pieces. Form each piece into a roll the length of the cookie sheet. Place rolls onto the prepared cookie sheets, and press down to 1/2-inch thickness.
Bake 27 minutes in the preheated oven until golden brown. Remove from baking sheet to cool on a wire rack. When the biscotti are cool enough to handle, slice each log crosswise into 3/4-inch slices. Place the slices cut side up back onto the baking sheet. Bake for an additional 7 minutes on each side.
For a fancier look, melt some chocolate chips, dip each baked biscotto in melted chocolate and roll it in almonds. Let the coated biscotti cool on parchment paper.
Wednesday, January 23, 2013
Blueberry Angel Dessert
1 (8-ounce) package softened cream cheese
1 cup confectioners' sugar
1 (8-ounce) carton thawed frozen whipped topping
1 (14-ounce) each cut into 1 inch cubes prepared angel food cake
2 (21-ounce) cans blueberry pie filling
In large mixing bowl, beat the cream cheese and sugar; fold in whipped topping and cake cubes. Spread evenly into an ungreased 13x9x2 inch dish; top with pie filling. Cover and refrigerate for at least 2 hours before cutting into squares.
Tuesday, January 22, 2013
2 pounds peeled, cored and thinly sliced Granny Smith apples
3/4 cup cranberries
1/4 cup white sugar
3 teaspoons ground cinnamon
1 teaspoon ground nutmeg
1/3 cup quick-cooking oats
1/3 cup all-purpose flour
1/2 cup packed light brown sugar
1/4 cup cut into pieces butter
1/2 cup chopped pecans
1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C). Butter an 8 inch square baking dish.
2. In a large bowl, mix together apples, cranberries, white sugar, cinnamon and nutmeg. Place evenly into baking dish.
3. In the same bowl, combine oats, flour and brown sugar. With a fork, mix in butter until crumbly. Stir in pecans. Sprinkle over apples.
4. Bake in preheated oven for 40 to 50 minutes, or until topping is golden brown, and apples are tender.
Thursday, January 17, 2013
Mexican Fiesta Salad Pizza
2 (8-ounce) packages refrigerated crescent rolls
1 1/4 pounds 93% lean ground turkey
1 1/4 cups medium thick and chunky salsa
1 envelope taco seasoning mix
1 clove pressed garlic
1 cup sour cream
2 cups thinly sliced iceberg lettuce
2 seeded and diced plum tomatoes
2 thinly sliced green onions with tops
1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
1/4 cup coarsely chopped pitted ripe olives
Additional salsa (optional)
1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C). Unroll crescent dough; separate into 16 triangles. Arrange 14 of the triangles in a circle on lightly floured Pampered Chef round baking stone with wide ends even with edge of baking stone and points toward the center. Place the remaining two triangles in the center, pinching seams to seal. Roll dough to create a smooth surface. Bake 15-18 minutes or until golden brown. Remove from oven; cool completely.
2. In Pampered Chef (12-in.) Skillet, cook ground turkey over medium heat 10-12 minutes or until no longer pink, breaking turkey into crumbles using Pampered Chef Mix 'N Chop; drain if necessary.
3. Combine salsa, seasoning mix and garlic in medium bowl; mix well. Add to turkey in Pampered Chef Skillet; toss to coat. Spread sour cream over crust. Spoon turkey mixture over sour cream. Top with lettuce, tomatoes, onions, cheese and olives. Serve immediately with additional salsa, if desired.
Wednesday, January 16, 2013
Grilled Chicken, Ham & Swiss Wraps
3 boneless, skinless chicken breasts (5-6 ounces)
1 tablespoon canola oil
2 1/2 tablespoons Pampered Chef Dijon Mustard Rub divided
2 medium whole dill pickles
4 ounces Swiss cheese
1/2 cup light mayonnaise
1 clove garlic pressed
12 thin slices low-sodium deli ham (6 ounces)
3 (11-inch) flour tortillas
1. Brush chicken with oil using Pampered Chef Chef's Silicone Basting Brush; sprinkle with 2 tablespoons of the rub. Arrange chicken in Pampered Chef Small Ridged Baker; cover with Pampered Chef Parchment Paper. Microwave on HIGH 5-6 minutes or until internal temperature reaches 165 degrees F. Remove chicken from baker to clean Pampered Chef Cutting Board; cool 5 minutes. Dice chicken into 1/2-inch pieces with Pampered Chef Chef's Knife.
2. Meanwhile, slice pickles lengthwise with Pampered Chef Serrated Peeler. Grate cheese with Pampered Chef Microplane Adjustable Coarse Grater. Combine mayonnaise, garlic pressed with Pampered Chef Garlic Press and remaining 1/2 tablespoon rub in Pampered Chef Classic Batter Bowl; mix well. Add chicken to batter bowl; stir to coat.
3. To assemble wraps, layer two slices of the ham widthwise over center of one tortilla, overlapping as necessary; top with one-third of the chicken mixture, one-third of the pickles, two additional slices of hand and one-third of the cheese. Fold in sides of the tortilla and roll up tightly burrito style. Repeat two times for a total of three wraps.
4. Preheat Pampered Chef Grill Pan and Pampered Chef Grill Press over medium-low heat 5 minutes. Place wraps in pan; top with Grill Press and cook 3-4 minutes per side or until grill marks appear. Remove wraps from pan; cut in half on a bias and serve immediately.
Tuesday, January 15, 2013
Raspberry Habanero Goat Cheese Puffs
all-purpose flour for dusting
1/2 (17.3-ounce) package frozen puff pastry sheets (1 sheet) thawed
1 egg lightly beaten
1/4 cup sliced almonds divided
1 teaspoon finely chopped fresh rosemary leaves
4 ounces goat cheese
4 ounces cream cheese softened
1/4 cup Pampered Chef Raspberry Habanero Sauce divided
1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees F. Line Pampered Chef Cookie Sheet with Pampered Chef Parchment Paper. Lightly sprinkle flat side of Pampered Chef Large Grooved Cutting Board with flour. Unfold pastry onto cutting board and roll into a 10 1/2-inch square using Pampered Chef Baker's Roller. Prick pastry with pastry tool; brush with egg using Pampered Chef Chef's Silicone Basting Brush.
2. Using outer tube of Pampered Chef Mini Measure-All Cup, cut out 16 pastry circles. Place circles on Pampered Chef Cookie Sheet; bake 12-14 minutes or until golden brown. Transfer parchment paper and puffs to Pampered Chef Stackable Cooling Rack; cool completely. Gently press centers of puffs using fingertip to make wells.
3. Meanwhile, place almonds into Pampered Chef Small Micro-Cooker. Microwave on HIGH 60-90 seconds or until lightly toasted, stirring every 30 seconds. Set aside 1 tablespoon of the almonds. Finely chop remaining almonds using Pampered Chef Food Chopper. Finely chop rosemary using Pampered Chef Color Coated Chef's Knife. Combine chopped almonds, rosemary, goat cheese and cream cheese in Pampered Chef Classic Batter Bowl; mix well.
4. Attach open star tip to Pampered Chef Easy Accent Decorator; fill with goat cheese mixture. Reserve 1 tablespoon of the sauce for garnish. Spoon remaining sauce evenly into puffs; pipe filling over sauce. Garnish puffs with reserved sauce and almonds.
Monday, January 14, 2013
Robyn's Buffalo Chicken Dip
3/4 cup hot sauce or wing sauce
2 (8-ounce) packages softened cream cheese
1 cup ranch salad dressing
10 ounces cubed Seasoned Grilled Chicken (seasoned with Pampered Chef Chipotle seasoning, seasoned salt, garlic seasoned salt or garlic powder & cayenne pepper)
1 teaspoon cayenne pepper
Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
Mix cream cheese, ranch, and hot sauce thoroughly.
Fold in chicken.
Use casserole plate or pie plate, coated with cooking spray.
Spread out mixture then top with shredded cheese.
Bake 10-15 minutes until cheese is hot and bubbly.
Saturday, January 12, 2013
Confetti Pasta Salad
2 1/2 cups refrigerated cheese-filled tortellini cooked and drained
1 cup coarsely chopped broccoli
1 cup coarsely chopped cauliflower
1 medium carrot peeled and thinly sliced
1/2 cup fat-free Italian dressing
2 tablespoons thinly sliced green onions with tops
1 clove pressed garlic
1 teaspoon hot pepper sauce (optional)
2 ounces grated fresh parmesan cheese (about 1/2 cup)
1. Combine all ingredients except cheese in large bowl; toss gently. Refrigerate until ready to serve.
2. Sprinkle with cheese. Serve using Pampered Chef Beaded Serving Spoon.
Tuesday, January 8, 2013
Barbecue Bacon Squares
1 (13.8-ounce) each refrigerated pizza crust
6 slices bacon
1/3 cup ketchup
1 tablespoon brown sugar
1 tablespoon cider vinegar
1 1/2 teaspoons Pampered Chef Sweet & Smoky Barbeque Rub
1 cup sliced water chestnut coarsely chopped
1/2 cup shredded mozzerella cheese
2 tablespoons snipped fresh parsley
1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C). Unroll dough onto lightly greased Pampered Chef Rectangle Stone; roll dough to edge of baking stone and set aside.
2. Cook bacon in Pampered Chef 10 inch Skillet over medium heat until crisp, covering Skillet with Pampered Chef Splatter Screen. Remove back from Skillet; drain on paper towels.
3. Combine ketchup, sugar, vinegar and barbecue rub in medium bowl; mix well. Spread sauce over crust to within 1/2 inch of edge. Crumble bacon; sprinkle bacon and water chestnuts over sauce. Sprinkle cheese evenly over pizza. Bake 20-22 minutes or until cheese is melted and crust is golden brown. Remove from oven; sprinkle with parsley. Cut into squares and serve.
Saturday, January 5, 2013
Apple Pie Bread
1/2 cup softened butter
1 cup sugar
1/2 cup buttermilk or sour milk
2 teaspoons baking powder
1 teaspoon vanilla
2 cups all-purpose flour
1/2 teaspoon salt
2 cups shredded, peeled apples about 4 medium apples
1 cup chopped walnuts or pecans
1/2 cup raisins optional
Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Grease the bottom and 1/2 inch up the sides of a 9x5x3 inch loaf pan; set aside.
In a large bowl, beat butter with an electric mixer on medium-high speed for 30 seconds. Beat in sugar until combined. Add buttermilk and baking powder; beat until combined. Add eggs and vanilla; beat until combined. Add flour and salt; beat until combined. Stir in apples, nuts and raisins. Spoon batter into prepared pan and spread evenly.
To make the streusel-nut topping, combine brown sugar with flour in a small bowl. Using a pastry blender, cut in butter until mixture resembles coarse crumbs. Stir in nuts.
Sprinkle topping over batter. Bake 1 hour or until a toothpick comes out clean. Cool in pan on wire rack for 10 minutes. Remove from pan. Cool completely on wire rack. Wrap and store overnight before slicing.
Friday, January 4, 2013
4 cups milk
6-8 tablespoons sugar
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
sprinkle cinnamon or nutmeg
Mix and heat milk, sugar and salt. Stir hot milk slowly into lightly beaten eggs. Add vanilla. Pour mixture into custard cups or 1 1/2 quart baking dish. Sprinkle lightly with cinnamon, nutmeg or both. Bake at 350 degrees F in a pan of hot water until custard is set, 30-45 minutes. When the point of a thin knife comes out clean, remove at once from hot water to keep from over cooking.