Thursday, December 20, 2012
Reese's Pieces Ice Cream Saucers
1/2 cup softened butter or margarine
1 cup sugar
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
1/3 cup HERSHEY'S Cocoa
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/4 cup milk
1 1/4 cups REESE'S PIECES Candies divided
1. Heat oven to 375 degrees F.
2. Beat butter, sugar, egg and vanilla in large bowl until well blended. Stir together flour, cocoa, baking soda and salt; add alternately with milk to butter mixture, beating until well blended. Stir in 3/4 cup candies. Drop by teaspoons onto ungreased cookie sheet. Place 2 or 3 of remaining candies on top of each cookie near center.
3. Bake 10 to 11 minutes or until soft-set (do not over bake). Cool 1 minute; remove from cookie sheet to wire rack. Cool completely.
Makes about 3 1/2 dozen cookies.
VARIATION: ICE CREAM SAUCERS:
1. Follow directions above to prepare recipe except use 1/2 cup shortening instead of butter or margarine. Do not add candies to batter. Refrigerate batter about 1 hour.
2. Drop by heaping tablespoons about 2 inches apart onto ungreased cookie sheet. Flatten each with palm of hand or bottom of glass into 2 1/4 inch circle about 1/4 inch thick; evenly space 8 to 10 candies on top of each.
3. Bake at 375 degrees F 8 to 10 minutes or until almost set. Cool 1 minute; remove from cookie sheet to wire rack. Cool completely. Place a scoop of slightly softened vanilla ice cream on flat side of one cookie; spread evenly. Top with second cookie, pressing lightly. Wrap in plastic wrap; immediately place in freezer. Freeze until firm.